National Flood AssociationJoe's Role: Leader, Risk Rating 2.0 Taskforce; Former Board of Directors member
The National Flood Association (NFA), and formally the National Flood Determination Association, is a non-profit organization that promotes sound policymaking to support the long-term viability of the National Flood Insurance Program and the private flood market. The NFA’s membership is comprised of flood determination companies, flood vendors, claims adjusters, lenders, insurers, agents, and other flood industry stakeholders.
Joe was a former Board member of NFA, and now leads the Risk Rating 2.0 Taskforce. The Taskforce addresses issues stakeholders have with Risk Rating 2.0, and makes recommendations on how to make Risk Rating 2.0 better.
The NFA mission The NFA promotes the common interests of National Flood Insurance Program and private flood insurers.
The NFA goals
- To promote positive change to NFIP and private flood insurance programs
- To inform through the exchange of information and clear communication among members and stakeholders
- To actively engage by facilitating cross-industry work groups, collaborating with industry trade groups & associations, and educating Congress
- To deliver a unified voice for legislative and regulatory issues
Become a member
Go to the NFA membership page to become a member. Membership has many benefits, find out more today!
NFA value proposition
- NFA supports the National Flood Insurance Program and maintains a productive relationship with FEMA
- NFA collects and disseminates vital data and information to members and other affiliated stakeholders
- NFA provides ongoing education and training to key industry stakeholders
- NFA delivers a single voice for the flood industry on legislative and regulatory issues affecting the NFIP and private flood insurance
- NFA serves as a trusted resource for other industry stakeholders
- NFA promotes high quality, accurate flood zone determinations and offers a Certification Program